What's New at Anzar this year?
- This website! Look for upgrades and improvements all year long!
- 7 new Anzar staff members: (5 teachers) Mike Dixon, Robert Huneywell, Debra Miller, Angela Oliveira, and Emily Scettrini; (Media Clerk) Mike McKinney; (Resource Specialist) Rose Tristan. Welcome!
- Gavilan Childhood Development class (Psychology 2) offered here on our campus on Weds. afternoons to any interested juniors and seniors, tuition-free!
- New Common Core math curriculum for Algebra, Geometry, and Advanced Algebra classes!
- New furniture and design in the office; huge improvements!
- New ASB Director and new meeting time (Weds. after school)!
- New "After School Service" program to discourage tardies and low-level discipline issues!
- All Sports-Passes available!
- New College/Career Center and Cal-SOAP Advisor Brenda Garibay!
Anzar High School: HOME OF THE HAWKS
(all photos courtesy of Anzar Photography students and instructor Nick Lovejoy)
Seeking New Exhibition judges! That means you!!
The graduation exhibition program is an integral part of Anzar's unique college preparedness approach for all students. You can read much more about this program under "Academics", and "Graduation Exhibitions". Please consider being trained to be a judge - we can promise that it will be one of the most rewarding things you will do as an adult volunteer, and it will definitely restore your faith in today's youth! click on the link for full details/dates: Exhibition Invitation.doc
All Sports Passes now for sale!
Tired of having to fish around in your pockets for admission $$ every time you want to watch Volleyball, Football and Basketball games? The Anzar Boosters are offering an All-Sports pass this year, for the first time. $100/adult, $60/Senior adults and students 13 years old and above, $50/youth ages 7 - 12: it's a real bargain if you come to lots of games! On sale at all volleyball and football games, and also available if you contact the front office. Don't delay; buy yours today!
Yearbooks on sale; Yearbook Ads on sale
Yearbooks can be ordered on-line at Jostens.com. Order early this year and avoid last minute fuss and rush!
In addition, 1/4, 1/2 and full page ads can be ordered this fall for next spring's yearbook edition. Prices are 1/4 - $50, 1/2 - $100, and Full Page - $150. Yearbook ads are a great way to celebrate student success and milesones and reflect on the person your student has become. It's also a great way to garner recognition for your place of employment/ business. Visit jostensadservice.com to create your recognition ad.
Mandatory Tutorial is on! every Tuesday and Thursday.....
When students are not achieving academically, we want to make sure that we, as a school, have formal interventions in place to support all students sufficiently. Any student that receives an F in a class at the time of Progress Reports must attend Mandatory Tutorial in that class on either Tuesday or Thursday, as assigned. All said students have Mandatory Tutorial contracts in place. They are intended to be signed by students and parents, but are enforced whether or not the original contract is returned signed. This began Tuesday, Sept. 30, a few days after the first progress reports came out. Students are eligible to pop out of M.T. at the next Progress Report, if they are then passing the class. Not intended to be seen as punishment, rather M.T. is set up to support and assist the failing students individually. Please call the office if you have any questions about this. Attendance is mandatory for contracted students; it is still part of the school day.
If you need help with your college applications, Cal-SOAP is here to help! Let your advisor know, then go see Brenda (in Rm. 709/ Ms. Cruz's office, the new College-Career Center). Brenda Garibay is on campus Tuesday mornings, from 9 - 1 PM, and Thursday afternoons, from 11 AM - 3 PM. You can also loopmail her any questions through School Loop. ANY students who have ANY questions about college are also welcome to stop by.
This Week on Campus:
10/20 - 10/24/2014
- Spirit Week This week: see box on this page for each day's theme
- Monday/ ASVAB results session 11:15 - 12:15 PM Library
- Tues./ Booster Club Meeting ALL WELCOME! 5:30 PM Library
- Weds./ Site Council Meeting 4:30 PM Library
- Weds./ Home Volleyball Game vs. Marina 5 PM/ JV 6:30-ish/ Varsity
- Thurs./ Home Volleyball Game vs. King City 5 PM/ JV 6:30-ish/ Varsity
- Friday/ Club Day #2 Lunchtime in the Quad
Spirit Week 10/20 - 24
Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: Flannel Day
Wednesday: Pink Day
Thursday: Sports Day
Friday: Super Hero/ Villain Day